If you are thinking of becoming a more environmentally aware member of society you may well want to consider ways of recycling in order to help the planet and become more environmentally friendly. Some of the following recycling tips are easy to follow and should be of interest to most:
- Clothes are something many do not even consider recycling and although handing them down to younger members of the family could also be classed as recycling, you should be aware of the growing number of clothes recycling points provided by the local government which can be found now on many a street corner.
- Tyre recycling is often carried out by the same garage that changes them on your car, however it should be remembered that if this is not the case, it is worthwhile depositing them in the correct place yourself, especially when considering what they can be used for. As well as being used for retreading and export, old tyres can also be used for the very worthy cause of sports surfaces and for the covering of children’s play areas.
- One of the easiest things we can recycle and should feel obliged to do so is the mobile phone. Many exchange their old mobiles for cash which is one way to raise funds; others simply hand in their handsets for mobile phone recycling.
At Mazuma Mobile we take mobile phones for cash and can help you do your part for the environment.
If you are looking for some ways to make some cash this holiday season, look no further. Here are some great ideas that you can get started now to earn a little extra money. These ideas are aimed to be useful to a wide majority of people – some may be useful to you and some may not.
- Try child minding or being a companion for an elderly person. Make sure you are CRB checked if necessary, and try to work with an organization such as a nanny agency to make sure that you are doing things properly. This is a great job for young adults and teens, though nearly anyone can do it.
- Watch pets or walk dogs. Many people need to leave their pet home when they go on holiday, but some would far rather leave their pets with an individual than with a cattery or kennel. You could be that person. If you are a responsible pet owner, so much the better – other pet owners will be more likely to trust you.
- Sell Mobile Phones. No, not as a salesman. Sell old mobile phones to companies that recycle them. You can generally get at least £10 for an old phone, and sometimes more than £100 depending on your make and model. Of course when you recycle phones you are also doing the environment a favour.
These are just a few ideas to help you make some extra cash. Try to come up with some other ways and soon you should have a pretty good nest egg set aside.
Selling old mobiles for cash is a great way to earn a little extra money. You can even get friends and family involved, or total strangers – especially if you are raising money for a good cause, like a charity. Here are some tips and suggestions as you get started selling mobile phones for cash.
First, do some research to find a good company. There are many out there, and some are far better than others. Some are not going to give you much money, and some may not even be legitimate. Try to find one with a lot of information on the website, contact information and online support, as well as free information and a free quote on what your phone is worth.
You should try to find a company that offers a simple process. Some simply request that you give your details so they can send you a free post envelope. It’s as simple as that. You can expect your payment soon after you send in your phone.
If you are trying to raise money for charity or some other cause, you might want to set up a program with the charity or organization to make you legitimate so that people will trust you. Strangers aren’t likely to fork over their old phones unless they know for sure that their money is not going to you but going to fund a good cause.
So, why not sell your phone and get started? Try it once, and you may find that you want to keep collecting old phones and keep it up.
Did you know that if you don’t recycle your old mobile phone and you throw it away, you are putting bad toxins into the environment? But if you recycle mobile phones with Mazuma, you will be doing the environment a favour – and yourself one too, because Mazuma will pay you for your old phone!
Mobile phone recycling is becoming more and more popular, even as a way to raise money for charity or some other cause. You can trust Mazuma to pay you what your phone is worth, and you will always receive the amount you were quoted or you will get your phone back free.
You can go to the website and enter your phone’s information – brand and model number – to find out how much it is worth. Then you can sign up for a free post envelope. This allows you to simple drop your phone into a post box and send it off to Mazuma with no cost to you.
When Mazuma receives your phone, you will receive payment the very same day. You can even choose what method of payment you would prefer, whether that is cheque, direct bank payment, or even sometimes an Argos voucher.
So, why not sell your mobile and get a little bit of extra cash this Christmas? You could use it for gift shopping, or a special treat for yourself. Think of all the coffee you could buy with that money. Or you could save it toward your next summer holiday.
We all know the excitement of receiving a new mobile phone, particularly if it is hard-won after determined contract negotiation. By steadfastly sticking to your guns, and possibly threatening to leave for a competitor, you finally come to an agreement which includes free provision of your ideal mobile and all the minutes you could wish for. It’s a thrill we all recognise and, like most thrills, we sometimes find ourselves wanting more.
This occasion comes around quite regularly for most mobile phone users. As technology advances, so do your desires, wants and needs. As you use the new phone the novelty fades, it loses its shine and you start to look elsewhere. Each time this happens you find another phone floating around the house with nowhere to go.
The good news is that people out there need your old phone and recycling old mobiles for cash is now quick and easy online. In developing countries, airtime is often sold separately to the handset and the cost of a new mobile can be prohibitive. Second-hand phones then, are the perfect solution. Yet bear in mind that older phones don’t hold much appeal anywhere, so the value of your handset can depreciate rapidly. If you sell your old mobile as soon as you upgrade at Mazuma Mobile we can give you the best possible price for it.
Think of it this way: by recycling your old phone, you provide others with the chance to experience the same thrill of receiving a top-quality phone they can afford.
If you’ve been thinking, “I want to sell my mobile,” but maybe you don’t know how, here are some tips to help you find a good company for selling old mobile phones.
First, you need to find a legitimate company that is trustworthy, and has a long established, good reputation. Try to find a website that offers you live support, a FAQ section, or at least a phone number or email address so that you can contact them if you have any questions or need further help.
Next, find a company that offers you a free quote on your phone before you actually send it off. You should also never be told you will receive a certain amount of money and then get a different amount when you actually send your phone. Find a company that guarantees you will get their quoted price.
A company should also offer you free information on how to recycle phones, and how to get your phone to them. You should never have to pay the company money – you are supposed to get money in return for your phone.
You should get a free post envelope that you can simply pop your phone into and then put into the post to send your phone to the company. You should get your payment fairly quickly. Try to find a company that offers immediate or very fast payment.
And that’s all there is to it. Hopefully you will get a decent price and you will have some extra cash in your pocket for something you really want!
If you are getting a new mobile phone and you want to recycle your old one, a great way to do it is with Mazuma. You can get some cash when you sell your phone to them, and they take all kinds of phones including Nokia, Apple, Vodafone, Orange, O2, T Mobile, and many more.
Your first step for turning in old mobiles for cash is to register the sale. Mazuma’s website walks you through how to do it. You simple choose your brand of phone, and then the model, and it will tell you if your phone can be recycled and how much your phone is worth. Then you sign up to receive a free post envelope.
Once you receive your envelope, all you need to do is pop the phone into the envelope and post it. Then you just need to wait. And it won’t take long – you will receive payment on the same day that your phone is received by Mazuma!
You could get a bank transfer of cash, a cheque, or in some cases an Argos voucher – but you get to choose which method of payment you prefer.
Some phones may not be worth much, but others can be worth more than one hundred pounds. So what are you waiting for? You could snap up some quick cash for Christmas shopping on the high street, or buy that new CD or game you’ve had your eye on for weeks. If you’re ready for a cash bonus, yours could be as simple as posting your phone to Mazuma.
In the US alone, up to 130 million cell phones may be replaced every year and only 3% of them recycled. In fact, 44% never leave our homes but just lie forgotten in a drawer. That’s a vast amount of raw materials which could be put to better use. Here are some mobile phone recycling ideas from around the world:
- Computers. In 2007, Japanese researchers found a way to combine mobile phone parts with circuit boards to make small point of sale PCs for use in shops.
- Wall cladding. In Watford, UK, a sustainable housing exhibition displayed recycled mobile carcasses being used as colourful cladding on the outside of a house
- Plant pots. UK firm Acorn Plant Displays make use of mobile phones to create bright, funky planters for use around the home and office.
- Art. Artists around the world are making use of old mobile phones to create beautiful and dramatic installations and sculptures. Type ‘mobile phone art’ into Google Images to see what’s on offer.
- New phones. Retrieving the raw materials from phones donated for recycling is a recipe for new mobiles without plundering the earth for new ingredients.
- Happy people. Donated mobiles still in working condition can be sent to other countries and continue to be used abroad.
If you’re not into making anything else, make the planet happy and sell your mobile phone to Mazuma Mobile. We take old mobile phones for cash, and it will save you the worry of what to do with another old phone.