When you hear the word ‘recycle’, you may shrug your shoulders and yawn, picturing the endless wheelie bins and boxes that align your neighbourhood. Your only experiences of recycling may be associated with time consumption and too much to think about.
At Mazuma Mobile, we appreciate how hectic your life is. You may be juggling a family, a career or both and manic-filled days may result in you dismissing the thought of mobile phone recycling. Surely exchanging your mobile phones for cash with an online company must be a lot of effort on your behalf?
However, the process of recycling your mobile phone is in fact easy.
- Using the online search, you type in the model of the phone you’d like to sell. Within seconds the price offered will appear. With Mazuma Mobile, you will even be offered a slightly more valuable Argos voucher too.
- To proceed, you fill out a few basic details.
- Next a Freepost envelope appears on your doormat. You then pop the phone into it, and post it back whilst on the way to work or out shopping.
- 48 hours later, a handy cheque will be safely on its way to you.
The service revolves around you. We understand the demands of being human, so we don’t expect you to do so much as even purchase a stamp to sell your phone. Recycling your old mobile phone for cash couldn’t be easier and phone recycling helps the environment too.
At Mazuma Mobile we understand better than anyone just how beneficial the act of recycling an old mobile phone is. Selling mobile phones for cash adds anything up to an extra £50 to your bank balance, for simply sending off a dusty old handset that would otherwise be flung into the back of the drawer; not forgetting that recycling your mobile phone will help to de-clutter your home.
On average, each UK household is home to four unwanted mobiles. Therefore, mobile phone recycling not only hands you money, but frees up some space.
Although the benefits of recycling mobiles are initially advantageous to you personally, the benefits on a wider scale are often under-estimated. Scientific studies have shown that electronic waste contains harmful toxins that pollute the environment. You may not believe that your trusty handset could be a demon, but it could easily do the Earth some damage.
The benefits of recycling your mobile don’t stop at economic and environmental either. You could potentially be helping other people, often thousands of miles away. Many of our Mazuma Mobile phones are shipped to developing markets in poorer Countries for re-use, increasing communication and technology in such areas.
Hence, one simple act of selling old mobile phones for cash will not only put a smile on your face, but could also reap worldwide benefits. That dusty little handset thrown helplessly to the back of the cupboard could be a little piece of magic that you just don’t realise.
Phone recycling is a growing trend and means that your old handset travels from your lounge to a company warehouse and you will receive cash in exchange. Many companies also offer a voucher alternative which is sometimes worth slightly more. The general process is that you will receive a freepost envelope when you submit your details through the company website and once you have received confirmation of its arrival, you should receive your chosen reward.
The amount of money that you receive is based on the model of your handset and what condition it is in. The price for a working handset is always higher than for a non working handset of the same model, but you can still receive a good amount of money for a damaged phone. Be sure to check out the criteria for the website to ensure that it is reputable.
For newer handsets, you can often get up to £150+, as these are the handsets that are more re-usable. In many cases, ‘old mobile phones’ to you may still be smart and savvy models that are flying off the shelves elsewhere in Britain.
Exchanging old mobiles for cash is often the most popular option for owners of old phones as the money is deposited directly into your bank balance and is, in perspective, an easy way to earn some extra money. At Mazuma Mobile, we are happy to answer any questions you may have about the process of phone recycling.
Phone recycling through an online company, such as us at Mazuma Mobile, means that your old handset travels from your lounge to a mobile phone recycling with a little something in it for you at the end of the proceedings. You will receive a freepost envelope when you submit your details and once it has been confirmed that your phone meets the criteria, your bank balance is paid as a thank you for doing your part.
You can receive up to £150+ plus for a handset that may just be kicking about in a dusty drawer within your lounge. All you need to think about is what to do with the money!
You could use the money to pay line rental for up to a year on a new phone. With contracts in the high street ranging from budget to extravagant, you could use your mobile recycling money to relieve this monthly worry. Evidently, old mobile phones do have their uses.
A little bit of extra money in your account could just mean a little bit of fun. Maybe you’ve seen a pair of killer shoes on the high street, or a new savvy technological invention that you just can’t wait to get your hands on. You could buy yourself something you wouldn’t get the chance too in your usual monthly budget, or maybe take the kids out for a fun family day trip.
If you’ve chosen the Argos voucher over the cash, the options are still endless. Argos is filled with toys, jewellery, accessories and home furnishings that you could treat yourself with.
Recycling services deal with thousands of your old handsets on a daily basis and are increasingly pleased at the growing trend of phone recycling. However, many uses of phone recycling services are unaware of just how beneficial they are being to the environment when they make use of a modern mobile phone recycling service.
In terms of electronic products, many people would agree that disposing of an old computer or other household electrical product in an insensitive way would harm the environment. Such items decompose over time and as they do, harmful toxins are inevitably released. However, it comes to a surprise to many people that old mobile phones do the same thing.
Mobile phones contain contaminants that can pose environmental problems when disposed of improperly. You may well have heard of some of the following toxins: arsenic, lead, mercury, copper and zinc. These are just a few of the potentially dangerous components that make up our mobile phones and have been linked to diseases such as cancer. When left on landfills, these toxins can gradually seep out into the environment and make their way into our water supply, which could make some of us unwell.
Mobile phone batteries also contain hazardous metals, such as nickel, which ideally need to be disposed of or put to better use by companies like us at Mazuma Mobile. We are more than happy to give you cash for your old mobiles, as it reaps benefits for you, us and our environment. Phone recycling is simply brilliant, because it is recycling that also rewards you.
One of positive things about mobile phones is that they are constructed from partly recyclable materials. This means that everyone can do their bit to ensure that their old mobiles are not put in a landfill site. However, many people still wonder why this is so important.
Mobile phones make use of rarities such as gold, silver and various minerals that are expensive to mine from the ground! Mining also damages the land around it. Hence by getting cash for your old mobile, you can stop these valuable components from going to waste. Using them again in new handsets is much better than adding to pollution.
The mobile phone surplus is massive. A huge percentage of the world’s population are estimated to be involved in the mobile phone industry and on average, UK households are said to have at least one old handset lying around unused. As phones decompose, they can release harmful toxins and chemicals, which can get into water supplies. With companies such as us at Mazuma Mobile, we prevent you from disposing of mobiles unsafely and potentially doing the environment harm.
The government is putting the pressure on to get the recycling movement well and truly underway. With global warming worries and the current economic situation, phone recycling offers many benefits. It helps to temporarily relieve financial strain from the people that make use of our service and keeps phones off of landfill sites, where they may eventually cause a great deal of harm to planet Earth. Thus phone recycling is a ‘win, win’ solution which may just be in time.
The above question may seem superficially obvious, but nevertheless the distinction between an operational mobile and one which does not work is an important one.
At Mazuma Mobile, understandably we are thrilled that recycling old mobiles for cash is becoming an important phenomenon. However, we often do receive many questions in regard to what classifies as ‘working’ and what classifies as ‘non-working’ when selecting your option before you send your old phone to us. So here’s the lowdown on the working/non working criteria:
- All mobile phones should match the make and model in the order for starters. If you’ve sent a Nokia and selected a Blackberry on the handset type, there will be a lot of confusion and an unfortunate delay in you receiving cash for your old mobile
- In order to classify as working, the phone must turn on and off, be fully functional and the screen must be fully working and in one piece. If there’s a crack in the screen, you would need to list the phone as non-working. Working phones must include the battery and have no crushed parts or water damage. If you would happily sell it onto a close friend, then the chances are it’s going to be ‘working’ by our standards
- Non-working refers to phones that may have a faulty screen, or a broken keypad, or doesn’t turn on and off. With phone recycling you can still get cash for a damaged mobile, but it should be intact to some extent
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept phones that have been crushed or broken in half as the chances are we can’t re-use them
Phone recycling can be quite straightforward. With the huge numbers of phones not currently in use in Britain, the need for phone recycling has never been more obvious.
At Mazuma Mobile we realise that many astute consumers are making use of our mobile phone recycling service. There are a few things to consider before embarking on your trouble-free mission to get cash for your old mobile:
- You must be a resident of Great Britain or Northern Ireland
- Ideally, you should be at least 18. If you are under 18 however, we are more than happy to accept your participation, but please be sure that you have permission from your parents
- Make sure that you own the phone, because as soon as we receive it and send your cash, we enter into a contract which means that we will have full ownership of the handset. Angry people on the phone wanting their mobile back hurt our feelings
- Remove your photos and contacts. They’re your friends and your memories and sending them away in the post box to us may leave you feeling a little lost. If you’re not sure how to remove data from your phone, take advantage of our data delete tool on the website
- Make sure that when you input your model to the website, that it completely matches the make and model of your handset- all orders are checked as we can only send you what your handset is worth
- Ensure you have a new phone. If you don’t, you might miss your shabby but reliable phone friend much more than you thought