An Apple lawyer has confirmed that the iPhone and iPad maker is looking to seek a legal order to halt the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S3 in the US this month.
At a hearing on Thursday (June 7th) in a San Jose, California, federal court, Josh Krevitt said the firm may file for a temporary restraining order against the Korean giant.
This follows a similar move by the American firm to stop the launch of the Galaxy S3 in Australia earlier this week.
The comments also come after Samsung expanded its chief executive officer’s role to include oversight of corporate strategy across the entire group, which is a conglomerate made up of more than 80 companies.
Mr Krevitt said his clients are seeking to prevent the S3’s launch as the damage that sales of the mobile phone would cause will be “irreparable”.
Samsung attorney William Price countered: “There is no advertising or marketing on these features at all [by Apple].”
Posted by Peter Robinson