Nowadays, a great deal of people will have one or more mobiles in their homes that are no longer in use. Mobile phone recycling services are an option, but the more creative among you may wish to put your old handsets to use around the home. Try some of the following:
- Prop up the short leg of a wobbly table or chair
- Use your mobile as a door stop
- Frame your phone and put it on the wall
- Take it apart and give it to your kids as a puzzle
- Take it apart and rearrange the pieces as a sculpture
- If you have more than one, string them over the baby’s cot as the other type of mobile
- Draw a smiley face on the screen, give it a name and keep it as a low-maintenance pet
- Use it as a decoy phone to distract thieves from your new Blackberry
Alternatively, you may decide it no longer has a place in your life and you could seek out a new home for it.
At Mazuma Mobile, we’ll repatriate your phone in developing countries, where people will still want to use it for its original purpose. If that’s not possible, its component parts will be recycled thus helping the environment.
Whichever use your mobile is put to, you will always receive cash for old phones. Just make sure that it is in its original form and not previously crushed by a chair leg.