The current environmental situation is a problem making headlines all over the world. With global warming worries and pressure on from the government it is a stressful time for people who are not natural eco warriors. You may not realise how important it is to do your part, but there are many tiny things that you can do personally to help the planet:
- Change your light bulbs to energy saving
- Turn off electrical products at night and save up to 40 watt-hours a day
- Use both sides of the paper, why let a clean sheet go to waste?
- Every two minutes you save on your shower can conserve more than ten gallons of water
- Maintain your car – this will help to decrease the carbon pollution it emits
- Act keen with your council’s local recycling scheme – it makes a world of difference
- Use bio-degradable bags
- Pay bills online
- Use rechargeable batteries
- Go to a car wash – they are often more effective with water consumption
- Turn off lights when they are on unnecessarily
- Plant a tree! A fun task that’s good for the air and land and your property value
- Sell old mobile phones for cash. Take advantage of online recycling schemes such as Mazuma Mobile that will both earn you money and stop the improper disposal of such products, which can release harmful toxins to the environment
- Think global, act local and also campaign for change
These eco tips are simple steps that you can take to make a little bit of different to the current environmental worries.