With toys all over the hallway, sentimental items stashed everywhere and items we thought we oh-so-definitely needed within reach in every room of the house, family households can become hectic and a little messy.
At Mazuma Mobile, we deal with people’s ‘clutter’ on a daily basis and realise that for most families, there usually comes a point in the year where a clearout is needed to maintain normal life. The art of hoarding is something that many of us could pass a degree in. There are ways, however, to relieve the clutter of a home:
- Have a boot sale – Everyone knows that one man’s junk is another man’s treasure. Earning a little money for items you barely knew you had is a brilliant and fulfilling way to create some space in the home
- Go to a local auction – If you think something’s too valuable for a boot sale; take it down to your local auction house. Something you don’t like or use could be a goldmine!
- Make use of your loft – For all those big things you can’t get rid of but can’t make space for, the loft is the ideal environment
- Charity – Charity shops will always be highly appreciative of any donations, allowing you to tick the box of your good deed for the day
- Recycle the little things – If there’s an old mobile phone lying desolate in a drawer, invest a little time in phone recycling. By swapping your old mobiles for cash, you’re clearing space and topping up your bank balance