Recycling can be fun, creative and unbelievably simple. Here are 5 online sources to capture your imagination and get you recycling in your own home. Every little helps!
- Encourage your kids to move away from the Wii and take up those old favourites – old egg cartons, toilet rolls and sticky-backed plastic. Websites such as www.recycling-guide.org.uk and www.recyclezone.org.uk present some fun and imaginative recycling activities for your young ones.
- http://uk.freecycle.org is the home of the nation’s many local Freecycle groups. Post your offer of anything from old bricks and to bikes and computers. Anything goes, literally. It must be offered for free but all you need to do is be there when the recipient collects.
- We soon forget about old mobile phones once we’ve got a shiny new gadget in our hands. Mobile phone recycling is so easy: simply enter your handset details at www.mazumamobile.com, accept the offer and await the prepaid envelope in the post. Cash for mobiles should arrive in no more than 7 days.
- At www.recyclethis.co.uk, you can get hints and tips on how to recycle those things your local council won’t collect. If you can’t find the item you’re looking for, just post a question!
- And if you want to know where your nearest recycling points are, your first stop needs to be recycling database www.wasteconnect.co.uk, who’ll send you in the right direction.
So there it is – recycling starts from the comfort of your armchair. Make it easy on yourself, and the environment. Get recycling.