‘A bit green’ may once have referred to an individual who was somewhat naive or inexperienced. Nowadays, ‘green’ is associated with being environmentally responsible in our everyday lives. There are many things you can do to ‘be green’, often very simple, and free. Pat yourself on the back if you do any of the following:
- Compost. The ultimate in green, rotting your food waste down to feed living plants. If you don’t have a garden, don’t despair. Many councils now provide compost collection services.
- Recycling household waste. The pressure’s on here. Councils have recycling targets and some are even considering reducing or charging for normal waste collection to encourage recycling.
- Recycle mobile phones. This is very straightforward. At Mazuma Mobile, we’ll send you a pre-paid envelope and promptly pay you cash for old phones on receipt. You won’t receive any extra for the charger or accessories, but sending those too will increase your green credentials.
- Recycle at work. Make sure you use workplace recycling facilities instead of the mixed waste bins and you’ll be doing your bit.
- Reduce and reuse. Be careful about what you buy and you’ll reduce what goes in the bin. Choose refills and recyclable packaging wherever possible.
- Share transport. Car shares, buses, trains, reduce your impact on the environment by finding your way around with other people, and enjoy not driving in rush hour.
Follow these ideas to stop being green about being green. You’ll feel great about doing your bit.